What does a Virtual Assistant (VA) do?
- They remotely connect to your office computer (if necessary) to complete your assignments.
- They complete many tasks, such as your company newsletter to clients to staff.
- They maintenance your website or blog via the web.
- They type your letters and emails, design your brochures and flyer, etc.
- They make follow-up phone calls, send follow-up emails, schedule appointments, etc.
- They maintain your social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
- They proofread important articles or manuscripts.
- They create agendas and invitations for personal or business use.
- They create Excel spreadsheets for database creation.
- They complete all of these tasks (and more) using some type of technology, usually related to the Internet.
Outsourcing to a VA
You can significantly grow your business by taking time away from the tedious tasks and now spend time personally assisting your clients or marketing yourself within the community. Hiring a virtual assistant will give you that much needed time to grow your business, by allowing your virtual assistant to take over those tedious tasks you face on a daily basis. You do this by outsourcing work to a virtual assistant.
Generally, a virtual assistant specializes in a particular area. These areas may include marketing, advertising, finance, accounting, secretarial, proofreading, translation services, research, creative writing, and any other tasks a business owner may need help with.
Virtual assistants can provide services such as executive assistance, marketing consulting and support, new business consulting and support, general assistance, website management, presentation services, records management, and direct sales services.
Outsourcing projects to a virtual assistant in any of these areas will help increase your business productivity and efficiency levels.
The use of a virtual assistant for modern day businesses is growing fast and becoming a normal way of doing business. A virtual assistant is a way for businesses to get the most for their money, and it is a smart way of doing business. By making yourself available for the important aspects in your business, you allow your business to grow and mature.
How does a Virtual Assistant save you money?
With a Virtual Assistant, you will not have to worry about the following:
- Office space, office equipment, printers, Internet connection.
- Payroll taxes, health insurance, vacation, sick pay and holidays.
- Wasted time spent on breaks, at water coolers, and making personal phone calls.
- Time and resources to train staff.
Hiring an in-house employee:
If a small business owner hires an in-house employee, they will have to worry about:
- Payment of employer social security taxes.
- Payment of Worker’s Compensation Insurance.
- Payment of Federal and State Unemployment Taxes.
- Compliance with the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Compliance with Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Medical benefits, vacation/sick/holiday compensation, and a retirement plan.
- Contracting a service to administer benefits.
- Providing office space for the employee.
- Providing equipment for the employee.
- Managing the employee.
Is a Virtual Assistant right for you and your company?
Have you ever blown a business opportunity or missed a deadline because of an unorganized business/schedule? Would you like to get things looking pretty, working efficiently, and spend less time behind your desk? Do you have the time you need to keep up with social media, do research for that great idea, or type that email/newsletter to your clients? Are you on top of business development? Are you lacking a client database and don’t know where to even begin? Do you have exciting work projects you would like to take on, but always seem to be too tired at the end of the busy work day to even start them? Do you find yourself working nights and weekends just to keep up with the administrative tasks that you don’t get to during the work day?
If you can answer YES to any of these (or even all of them), then a VA may be right for you and your company! How do you find that right person to assist you?
Think of the word PACE.
You have to find that VA with the right personality for your line of work, and who will work best with YOUR personality as well.
You need a VA with a positive, go-get-em attitude, so you know your work will be completed.
You should find a VA with creativity in their bones, so you can just hand off your projects and know they will look great.
Your VA should be efficient, because why in the world would you hire one who isn’t? After-all, this is all about saving time (and money), right? So, remember, if you are super busy and cannot PACE yourself to get your administrative tasks completed, then consider hiring a VA to PACE for you!
If you consider using a Virtual Assistant:
- Define what tasks your virtual assistant can complete for you.
- Determine what area most of these tasks fall into.
- Find someone that specializes in that area.
- Make sure they can complete other tasks for you as well.
Virtual assistants do charge a higher fee in most cases than having someone work for you in your office. But as mentioned above they are absorbing the cost for all your savings. You are hiring a 100% professional, highly dedicated and very experienced assistant focusing on you and you alone.
They do not focus on anything or anyone else for the time they are set to work for you. Tasks get accomplished faster with accuracy and professionalism.
Why should you hire a VA? Find out HERE